How to Pass Your Military Drug Test
Joining the military is a big deal and affords you a great sense of honor. It’s also a great career that is rewarding regarding morals as well as money. However, the presence of drugs in your system can prevent you from getting in. Here’s how to detox and get by with ease.
What Kind of Drug Test?
Every month, the Department of Defense tests 60,000 random urine samples. Active duty members have to be tested once a year, Guard and Reserves members once every two years. Review cutoff levels to see where you stand.
Cutoff Levels (*) Are as Follows, Measured in Nanograms Per Milliliter:
- THC: 50 at screening level, 15 at confirmation level
- Cocaine: 150 at screening level, 100 at confirmation level
- Morphine: 2000 at screening level, 4000 at confirmation level
- Codeine: 2000 at screening level, 2000 at confirmation level
- Heroin (6 MAM): 10 at screening level, 10 at confirmation level
- Oxycodone: 300 at screening level, 100 at confirmation level
- Hydrocodone: 300 at screening level, 100 at confirmation level
- Amphetamines, Meth, MDMA/MDA: 500 at screening level, 100 at confirmation level
- Barbiturates: 200 at screening level, 200 at confirmation level
- PCP: 25 at both screening and confirmation
- LSD: .5 at screening, and .2 at confirmation
How to Pass This?
Synthetic urine is one way. However, this is not recommended, as this method is far too risky. Synthetic urine is on the radar of whoever is doing your testing, and easily detected. Even powdered urine bought online must be mixed with water. Most collection stops do not have water faucets in them. Toilet water in these stalls is blue colored to prevent cheaters. Finally, this practice is illegal.
If you do choose to use synthetic urine (*), you can do the following: stash a whizzinator or like device in your underwear to get it into the collection point, you might also stash a pack of powdered urine in your waistband, although security may check you for concealed items before your entry into the collection point.
How Do I Naturally Detox?
Natural, permanent detox is possible but takes time as marijuana metabolites are stored within fat, and you must burn this fat, eat right, and take in the right amount of water.
The way to burn fat is by getting exercise. Get active, run, lift weights, and sweat.
Aside from being active, drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Eat plenty of leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables. Substituting high-calorie foods with low-calorie foods helps you lose weight. Your body must take in fewer calories than it burns to lose weight.
Say no to junk foods; these provide places of storage for THC. Eat healthy fibers to suppress your appetite. Beans, peanuts, almonds, and rye bread are all great ways to make you feel full and keep you from mindlessly snacking. Fruits like mangoes, apples, and berries also help. Eat a healthy breakfast each day as well to start the day right.
Urine Dilution as Detox
This is a solution that works, but it requires a fair amount of preparation and is rather complicated. We’ve listed the basics. Review the full steps here (*).
The easiest and cheapest way of beating a drug test. It involves drinking a lot of water in a bid to take the concentration of THC metabolites in your urine below the detectable levels. What’s so good about this method is that you can use it as a same-day solution. And this means that you can toke late into the night and still pass the test the following day.
You will need to buy THC test strips, Vitamin B2 (any brand), electrolyte powder, creatine ethyl ester, and creatinine test strips.
The basic steps are as follows for the first part of the detox:
- Calculate lean body mass.
- Drink an electrolyte solution for 3 hours at a rate of 4 ml per lb. of Lean Body Mass per hour.
- After these three hours, collect urine in a cup.
- Measure your urine using THC test strips.
- Measure urine creatinine and urine specific gravity using your test strips.
After this part is complete, you will do the following:
- If your THC metabolites are below the levels you need, and creatinine is above 20 mg/dL, then you are fine. Repeat the above steps on the test day.
- If your THC metabolites are above 50 ng/ML and the creatinine is above 20 mg/DL, significantly increase hydration rate to dilute urine even more.
- If THC metabolites are under 50 ng/mL, but the creatinine is below 20 mg/dL, decrease the hydration rate and add creatine ethyl ester.
On Test Day:
- Three hours before your test, start the hydration with the electrolyte solution from the trial run.
- 1 hour before the test, take a 200 mg dose of Vitamin B2. This will give your urine a natural color.
Can’t I Use a Detox Kit?
THC Detox kits are another good solution. These kits provide temporary results and only mask the drugs in your urine. They say they will provide guaranteed results, and many are legal to buy and use. Most importantly, they are safe to use, and you can find products that will suit whatever drug test you are up against-be it a follicle, blood, saliva, or urine test.
Activated Charcoal: Another Solution
This very porous variety of carbon (* ) has a large surface area to which drugs will absorb. Its main use in the emergency room is to soak drugs up in the GI tract in the event of an overdose or poisoning. You can get it as a powder, capsule or drink.
Here’s how to use it. We have listed the basics here but check out this information (*) for more info.
- Take activated charcoal before each meal- 5 g of activated charcoal before each meal is appropriate. Do this 48 hours before the time you would like maximum detox.
- Take this with plenty of water, as this carries a risk of constipation.
- Reduce the dose if you experience constipation or other side effects.
- Separate your dosing of activated charcoal and medications by at least 1 and a half hours. You could take the charcoal 45 minutes before a meal, and then meds 45 minutes after your meal, for instance.
- Combine this with the three-hour detox protocol as described on the day you would like to achieve maximum detoxification.